Friday, June 25, 2010

bird:

I've caged my emotions in so tightly.
I don't allow them to come out. 
I can be open and talk about things that are happening.
About things that happened in my past.
That will happen in my future.
I can let down my guard and tell people the circumstances going on in my life.
I can and I often do.
But emotion?
Tears?
Feeling?
I
won't
let
anyone
in...
Even myself.

"I don’t really understand myself, 
for I want to do what is right, 
but I don’t do it. 
Instead, 
I do what I hate."
- Paul of Tarsus, NLT

I want to.
I want to have emotions other than extremely hyper or extremely pissed.
cry without having a reason all figured out as to why.
be able to put 'in a relationship' on my stupid dumb facebook page.
have my life breathe relationship with God.
be on summer vacation.
be the one who talks for 4 hours & knows that the listener's soul was engaged.
quit my office job now.
fully trust that His plan is far greater than my own.
stop being controlling.
do what I want to do when I want to do it for as long as I want.
whine and kick and scream.
travel but not alone.
go shopping and buy 4 pairs of shoes.
have a spirit of power, love and self-control.
be healthier and loose weight.
finish something well.
I want to.

Waa
Waa
Waa
...

No comments:

Post a Comment