Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Story?

Scenario One:
I accept a loan I was given that covers just enough so that I can go to school in the Spring.  I move back to Long Beach without having any money to live or a job for that matter.  I get an apartment with my girls even though I am most likely going to study abroad for 2011-2012 school year meaning I'd have to find a roommate for them.

Scenario Two:
I deny the loan, take a leave of absence from CSULB for Spring with the intention returning in the Fall, stay at home with my parents in Riverside for one more semester to save money and prepare.

Which one sounds for a more exciting story to tell?
Which one gives more chances for God to be big?
Which one takes power away from Money and gives it back to God Almighty?

I'm stunned that I'm even asking myself this question.
So why am I hesitant to take the loan and dive in?
Every time I log into the page to accept the loan, I log out.
Why?
I don't think I'm going to find out unless I take the loan.
I know that God wants to bless me and give me exactly what I desire so I need to trust Him.
How can He bless me if I don't give him ways to do so?
He has so much to give me that He needs help disbursing all of it.
I don't think He is always going to just hand over the goods.
If He did that, He'd be smothering me.
So He waits, I think, to give me things.
He created everything and uses everything, even loans that I have to pay back.
I've given Money too much power in my life and I'm going to take it back and put it with God.
Is this right?
I need guidance.
Or do I need to listen to my own voice?
I do.
I want to go to school and I want God to get me there.
He hasn't given me some earth shattering new vision to replace schooling.
Fine.
I'm accepting the loan and going to school.
ahh...

1 comment:

  1. Your questions make me feel like you've been reading Donald Miller...

    Sister, I've got loan debt up to my eyeballs it seems, but GOD IS FAITHFUL! I live in mother-lovin' Tanzania and He's providing me a budget that allows me to pay off my loans, be generous and live minimally. He has got you in this, my friend.

    ReplyDelete