Monday, July 26, 2010

Tent:

I set up this tent last week in my backyard because I was fasting and wanted a place to go in my house of 5 girls where I could be without having 5 different conversations plus one with God. I've spent many hours in my tiny, lopsided and sagging green tent since then.  It only has 2 out of the 3 poles.  One of which is missing a link so it is not the best tent but it serves its purpose of bugless safety.
I like it because I like the sense of small.
Last night was the first night I actually slept in my tent.
It was amazing to wake up and hear nature, feel the dewy wet morning and the hard cold ground.  Getting to be away from life, even if for a small moment like the one I had at 6:45am in my tiny, lopsided and sagging green tent and going into the life waiting for me, left me for want of words. 
This word in Greek is pronounced "bathuno" and I think it does a good job to express.
βαθύνω
verb: the continuation of work; to deepen, make deep.
It seemed to fit well into a morning like this.
I'm thankful for my tiny, lopsided and sagging green tent.
I'm thankful that God gave us words.
I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment