Friday, October 29, 2010

Odd thought:

I was driving home this afternoon and had my music on shuffle.
3OH!3 came on and I started thinking
Liking this stuff is probably a sin (jokingly said) but their beats are sick!!
Then I continued down this trail of thought:
I think artists and musicians that are "secular" produce and create with more talent because there are no rules for them to break. Everywhere is accessible to them. "Christian" music generally is of lesser quality, I feel, because we are so fearful of breaking some unknown law we may or may not have ever heard of or maybe offending someone, God forbid we face opposition.  We've been told to be good, to be morally upright, whatever that means, but sometimes I think we've really just been scared into being scared of what we don't know.  Instead of exploring boundaries, we hide inside of our glass box of morality and say that we are free.  Just because we can't see the bars does not mean we are free.  I wonder if God doesn't want His creation to be so scared.  He doesn't have limits. Huh... 
I wonder how different it would be if people saw life through the perspective that God made everything. Everything means nothing is excluded.  It is the Devil that has corrupted what God created in perfection. With that said, there are in fact some rules. As Christian men and women, there are the 10 Words, 10 Guidelines aka the 10 Commandments, that need to be honored. But I think we should learn the rules of the game and then play. And hard. I know that I walk around the field screaming if the ball comes towards me. I'm learning to not to that and actually play. Playing means I will get hurt but I will win, eventually. I don't know, just a thought.
Meanwhile, don't trust a ho, never trust a trust a ho...

No comments:

Post a Comment