Friday, October 22, 2010

Why.

Why is it that I am considered a spaz, an unfocused lunatic, for wanting to expand my knowledge in all the major concentrations? Science, math, history, literature, both classic and current, the arts, dance, music, painting. Why am I told that in order to succeed, I must concentrate on one very specific avenue! There are so many possible avenues, why should I care about just one until I have a wide and firm knowledge base? It's frustrating. I don't have the money to stay in college forever nor do I want to get pushed along with the crowd, going from test to test, assuming that I know what I just learned well enough to create something from it. I'd prefer to be taught by a tutor. I actually want to be educated in all things and I can't be. I suppose that is what high school is for/was for. We are told we can take a wide selection of subjects but then only topically review them in class and then we're told to pick a career based off of what our puny teenage minds enjoyed in those 4 years. My brain now at 21 doesn't like any of the same things it liked at 14. But that is what I'm supposed to want still.  I do not agree with our present educational system and I'd like to know how to fix it.
That's all.
Just a rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment