Monday, October 4, 2010

You know what?:

I've been thinking a ton lately since I don't have a social life right now (not a complaint, just a fact) and I landed on this thought:
I miss going to Shine at Vanguard every Wednesday night.
Shine was this Wednesday night extended service that Vanguard puts on every semester.  My friends and I at started going to Shine because our friend Billy played bass in the worship team and we wanted to support him.  When he told us about this thing, we had no idea what it was, we just wanted to come hear him play.  Little did we know that God was getting ready to knock us off our feet.  The Holy Spirit woke us up in areas we didn't know were asleep.  We ended up coming every week for the next 2ish months. Once the semester ended though, Shine ended too.  Our intention was to start up a Shine in Long Beach over the summer but God had entirely different plans.   Anyways...I went from weekly deep communal Holy Spirit time to ziltch and it seriously affected my relationship with God.  Once I relized how much I missed this type of time with God, I tried chillin in my room with music, my journal and bible but, while that is a great thing to do, it is not the same as coming together with dedicated brothers and sisters to set aside hours to be with people all completely alone in God's presence and with live sound waves hitting you.  It's not a feeling I'm looking for or an emotion I'm trying to recreate.  What I miss and want is being with God in such a unique way and being able to just sit with him.
I think I'm going to go to Shine.  Is that awkward?  I don't even go to the school and I don't know anyone there really anymore. Humm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment