Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stand Still:


I'm at a standstill again with words and have added about 10 more drafts to my collection.
I don't know how to express what's going on inside of me because I don't know what's going on.
I do know that I was humbled through conviction on Monday afternoon.
My journey into Tartarus, the whole inner healing thing, turned into a way to perfect myself instead of digging deeper into Jesus' love and giving him more glory.  
I am selfish.
I am human.
I am holy. 
I am saint.
How does that work? 

This song, Ashes and Flame/John Mark McMillan, reflects the posture of my heart right now: 

You and I meet
On the shores of the broken
You’ve swallowed the ocean
And I’ve swallowed my pride
Only to see the way that I need You
Is more than I knew I ever could
Coz in between the ashes and the flames
Is a cry an awkward silence could never contain
And the falling of my hammers
And the writing of my pain
You know, it’s just not as real as the way that You’re calling my name
Well I can’t help thinking
The way that You want me and the ghost that haunts me
Are one in the same
Coz You stand at my window at night while I’m sleeping
There’s not a promise I’m keeping I could ever repay You
In between the ashes and the flame
Is a song that burns brighter than the radio waves
Bout the remnants of my idols
Bout the shadow’s of my shame
Bout how they scatter like the rain
I can’t stop crying because you won’t stop calling my name
Calling my name up from the ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment