Thursday, September 23, 2010

Perspective:

Well, another long period of time in between blogs has passed.
Since that last one, I am happy to report that...
It is well.
I'd been unable to say that I am good with truth to the words for the entire summer.
That season was the hardest one yet. Even harder than the other hard ones.
And then, all of a sudden, on a day when I wasn't even trying, I realized...
I love God.
Despite any emotion, any mood, any time of day, any situation, any predicament, any anything. 
I love God.
Why?
Because He loves me.
My perspective of life has changed.
I don't know how to explain it.
I truly have put off my old self and put on the new. 
I'm not scared of myself.
I'm not angry at my past.
I'm not creating a false life.
I had to get to me before I could go on. 
Towards the end of this season, I was not depressed, per say, but I was not stable either.  
On the day my perspective changed, September 16th, I started to say sorry to people for being almost depressed for a month.  Then I decided not to anymore.  In fact, I take it back. 
I am not sorry.  I needed my community to remind me that I was alive.
So instead, I will say,
"Thank you." 
At the depth of my cave, I found myself in absolute darkness. 
You know.  That darkness where you can't even see your hand in front of your face?
That darkness.
And you all, operating in the Spirit, helped me see again.
Now, on my way out of the cave, I truly see the light.  
It may be small, but it is light.
Day by day Satan tempts me using my old thoughts.
Day by day I reclaim the keys with the authority in the Spirit. 
Day by day.
Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment